4.5 Properties of Substances Based on their Particle Content
1. Matter is anything that occupies space and has mass.
2. Matter can be divided into elements and compounds.
4.5.1 Atoms, Molecules and Ions
1. Substances are made of tiny particles called atoms, molecules and ions.
2. Atoms are the tiniest particles in an element.
3. A molecule consists of two or more atoms of the same type or of different types that are chemically combined together.
4. Ions are particles which carry positive or negative charges.